Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Final Countdown - 8/27/12 Via Satellite and Cellphone.



Hello My Friends, Well it has only taken me 25 months for an update but here goes. 

This will be my Final Entry for some time, White Wedding did speak about our schtick of being an 80s band who was 80 years old and this is about 30 years coming still for some of us but, hang on folks, it will happen, Funny how time flies isn't it. Anyways, I wanted some closure to his Blog and This Is It.

I got my pink slip one September afternoon in 2012 and I knew it just from the tone of the phone call, Rob placed it and I called Spicoli back and requested he let me know what was going on.
, he wanted to meet me in person at my house but I wanted no meeting at my house and of course I wanted to keep the Drama levels at an all time low, I said "Just tell me now otherwise I won't be able to sleep".

I was at Jamie's place that afternoon and getting ready to go out to Dinner with her and our Great friends Bill and Max. After playing it back in private I played the phone message to Jamie and ever the optimist she denied any wrongdoings or decisions made, Jamie said "Oh No, They Love You maybe they want to buy a car or something", Max being a Realist said "I Dont know Spike", Bill and myself being a bit on the pessimistic side felt this was The Axe and the Axe it was.

None of us were wrong, it was up in the air but from the tone of the message I knew it was not good, on one hand it was just Too Formal, On the other hand it was Also just Too Formal.

I only had a Great time in this band and in a nutshell, we were formed from Craigslist ads and there was never any Drama in the original few lineups, we all forged friendships together, did some sleepovers and went from strength to strength with the gigs getting better and the pay getting better and most of all the band getting better. I learned to be a Professional Musician which can only come with experience and I of course wish Everyone the best of luck in their future endeavors

The band is doing Great at the time of this writing and it is Quite Amazing the lineup changes they have survived, Thanks for reading This BLOG past, present and future Folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment